This is a lunch that I came up with what was on hand. A very tasty sandwich. You can get creative with the filling. I enjoyed this with a steamy mug of chicken noodle soup. I've been seeing family in NY state, so this hit the spot on a cold day.
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in skillet to med-hi heat.
- Sautee mushrooms and green pepper strips until tender -- drain on paper towels. set aside.
- Heat up panini or George Foreman grill (what I used)to high.
- Butter the four slices of bread on one side.
- Divide and layer turkey, cheeses, sauteed vegetables, and grated pepper between both sandwiches.
- Put on grill so that the butter sides are out.
- Close grill and cook until golden brown or how you like it.
- Cut in half, and enjoy!
- (the cooking time includes the vegetable saute and grilling time).
I love paninis and this was very good. I used crusty rolls from the bakery and garlic butter rather than regular butter. The peppers, mushrooms and onions add a nice layer of flavour. I will definitely make this again. Made in memory of VickyJ -You will be greatly missed , God bless!