Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
Chicken, turkey, duck and the kick of Cajun spice fill this huge pot of goodness. Cornmeal (representing cornbread stuffing) and sweet potato (a la casserole) help thicken and all the veggies add flavour, colour and texture!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 14 ounces raw turkey breast, boneless, skinless, cubed
- 10 ounces raw duck breasts, boneless, skinless, cubed
- 8 ounces raw chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, cubed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup whole-grain polenta
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat olive oil in a large, oven-safe pot over medium high heat.
- Add turkey cubes in one layer and brown on all sides. Remove to a plate.
- Repeat the browning process with duck breast and chicken thigh pieces, reserving any rendered fat.
- Return the empty pot to the heat and add onion, celery, carrots, peppers and garlic.
- Cook, stirring, until vegetables have begun to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock, stirring well, then add thyme, bay leaves, basil, Cajun seasoning and paprika.
- Cover and place in the oven.
- Cook 1 1/4 hours, then stir in sweet potato, polenta and browned meat.
- Re-cover and return to oven for a further 45 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve.