Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My own idea, based on lasagna meets manicotti and loses the pasta...
- 2 -3 pieces fresh turbot or 2 -3 pieces any fish, you like
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 3 cups mashed potatoes (prepare in advance)
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Mix the mashed potatoes and parmesan cheese.
- Wash the spinach thoroughly and drain.
- Size the fish to your casserole--cut into pieces that won't flap over sides.
- In a large buttered casserole, assemble, dusting lightly with salt, pepper and nutmeg between layers: A layer of spinach A layer of turbot A layer of spinach A layer of potato mix Continue in layers until all ingredients used, ending with a layer of potato.
- Use the paprika to make a fish shape on top.
- Bake in oven 20 min.
- at 375, or in micro-wave 10 min.
- on high.
- The inspiration came to me because I wanted a lasagna-like dish without the pasta, and had just been eating manicotti with spinach and cheese--which, it occurred to me, would go well with fish!