Recipe by Rozanne in Texas
My mother said she didn't get this recipe with her Turbo Pan Cooker. I figured since she was so deprived that there must be others. This is an excellent recipe. I'm sure it can be used in any pan that is a steamer pan.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup hot water, from tap
- 1 tablespoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the water ina mixing bowl, add yeast and stir to mix.
- Add oil, flour, sugar and salt and stir together to form a ball of dough.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- After 5 miutes, turn out onto floured board, kinead in flour (on the board) tilll dough is stiff. Divide into 2 pieces and roll each into circle (to fit into the base of pan).
- Specific instructions for the Turbo Cooker:
- Place desired vegetables into base with 2 TBS water. Cover (valve closed) and cook on high heat for 4 minutes. Add in the sauce and seasoning and cook (valve closed) for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-high, clean out the base and add 1 round of dough. Cover (valve open) 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, turn dough witha spatula and spread 1/2 the sauce and vegetable mixture over the crust. Top with cheese. Cover (valve closed) 4 minutes.