Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Wanted to find a quick, easy, hummus recipe that didn't call for tahini (which I never have on hand)...
- Place the garlic in a food processor and finely chop.
- Add beans and 1/2 of the reserved liquid. Process finely or to desired consistency.
- Add parsley, lemon juice and zest, black pepper, and salt.
- Process until it forms a paste.
- Drizzle with olive oil and process until consistency of a mayonnaise.
I have just recently been "introduced" to hummus and I love all the varieties. My favorite part of this recipe was the peanut butter instead of the tahini. It was just a little less bitter. This is my new fav!
Good! I might have been a bit heavy on the PB and also, I only had dried parsley. I think it will be better after a day or so. Any ideas on how to get a super smooth consistency? I might need a different food processor. Thanks!