Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very easy recipe. Strawberries coated in a tasty, sweet turbinado suage coating. This is great served with the goat cheese fondue, but I actually prefer the berries alone. Experiment and see how you like your berries best! Cook and prep are estimates.
- Directions for Turbinado Crusted Strawberries:
- Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper. Place egg white in a small bowl.
- Place Turbinado sugar in another bowl. Using a pastry brush, lightly paint each strawberry with the egg white (carefully so you don't bruise the fruit).
- Roll each strawberry in the sugar, coating evenly.
- Place coated strawberries on the prepared sheet pan; reserve.
- Directions for Sour Cream and Goat Cheese Fondue:
- Place sour cream and goat cheese in blender, reserve.
- Place port in non-reactive saucepan over medium heat; cook to reduce by 90% - stand back, as the alcohol will ignite before it burns off.
- Add the heavy cram and continue to cook until reduce by 60%.
- Add the hot cream and port to the blender and immediately pulse until everything is homogenized.
- Season with salt and lemon juice.
- Transfer to main Marie, reserve, keeping warm. Yield: 2 cups
- To serve:.
- Place some of the warm fondue in the center of each slightly warmed dinner plate; place two crusted strawberries on the fondue, side by side.
The presentation alone deserves extra stars. This is a very elegant dessert and would be terrific for a romantic dinner. The goat cheese fondue is a tiny bit strong, but does have a terrific flavor. And the sugar coated strawberries are sublime. I do think though that this recipe only serves 4 realistically. After the reduction of the wine & cream, I ended up with less than a cup of sauce. Thanks for sharing your recipe Birdy Baker!