Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
The first time I had this WOW! This is wonderful. I truly love how this is better made the day before- so nice for holidays or dinner parties!
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- For crust, preheat oven to 400. Mix all ingredients and press into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan and bake 5 minutes.
- Bring all cheesecake ingredients to room temperature before starting.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar till fluffy and then add eggs one at a time Beat after each is added.
- Add flour cream and salt.
- Take out 2 cups of filling. In a small bowl melt chocolate, then mix w/ the 2 cups filling and set aside.
- In the remaining filling add vanilla.
- Place half of this mixture on top of crust.
- Take the chocolate mixture and drop by teaspoonfuls in a circle on top of the above. Be sure to leave the center clear of chocolate and also a 3 inch edge around crust.
- Carefully spoon remaining vanilla mixture over all covering the chocolate carefully so not to disturb ring but making a smooth top.
- Place in a glass pan with 2 cups of water and bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Bake another 50 minutes, lowering the oven temp 25 degrees every 10 minutes stopping at 300°. Let cool till room temp and then cover and refrigerate overnight.