Recipe by Darlene Summers
This cake should cure anyone's chocolate attack!
Top Review by O-mama
We have a similar version of this in "Unusual Old World and American Recipes" put out by NordicWare of Minneapolis. No date given (but a cast aluminum bundt pan with Teflon II and natural exterior is listed at 6.98). Ingredients are as listed, but the directions are slightly different. Cream butter/marg. in large mixer bowl at high speed. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add sugar; continue creaming at high speed until light and fluffy. By hand, stir in flour, frosting mix and walnuts until well blended. Pour batter into well greased and floured bundt pan. Bake at 350* 60-65 minutes. Cool 2 hours before removing from pan. Cool completely before serving. I should also mention that this booklet accompanied a heavy aluminum bundt pan which might explain the difference in baking and cooling times.
- 1 1⁄2 cups softened butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) package double dutch frosting mix
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and eggs in bowl.
- Add sugar, flour, frosting mix and walnuts; mix well.
- Pour into greased Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350° for 65 to 70 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan for 1 hour.
- Invert onto serving plate.
- Cool for 1 hour longer, then frost with your favorite frosting.