Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The Tunnel Bar-B-Q is one of Windsor, Ontario's most durable restaurants, having been in business for over 60 years. Barbecued ribs and chicken are their specialties, both served with coleslaw on the side. (Source: Windsor Star, July 25/90)
- 1 large green cabbage
- 1 small sweet onion
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 ounces vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 large carrot
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 ounces vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Remove outer leaves of cabbage, core and cut in half.
- Shred cabbage, carrot, and sweet onion.
- Mix salt and pepper in vinegar to dissolve. Add to shredded vegetables.
- Combine remaining ingredients, then mix them with the shredded coleslaw mixture until thoroughly covered.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
They used mint in their original recipe, not parsley. As well, try pickle juice instead of vinegar.
Miss Tunnel Bar-B-Q. We have master the ribs or close. But the slaw just makes the meal complete and bring back home memories. But I still miss Capri Pizza
Pretty close to TBQ and since I'm in Edmonton now I'm happy to have this recipe ... do you happen to know how to make Windsor style pizza???