Recipe by Atomic Girl Cooks!
The Tunnel Bar-B-Q is one of Windsor, Ontario's most durable restaurants, having been in business for over 60 years. Barbecued ribs and chicken are their specialties, both served with coleslaw on the side. (Source: Windsor Star, July 25/90)
- 1 large green cabbage
- 1 small sweet onion
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 ounces vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 large carrot
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 ounces vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove outer leaves of cabbage, core and cut in half.
- Shred cabbage, carrot, and sweet onion.
- Mix salt and pepper in vinegar to dissolve. Add to shredded vegetables.
- Combine remaining ingredients, then mix them with the shredded coleslaw mixture until thoroughly covered.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.