Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Scandinavian street food. I haven't made it yet. Please note that you use either the shrimp salad or the mayonnaise dressing; not both. Time to make is a guess. This was from scandinaviafood.com.
- 4 hot dogs (long, skinny ones)
- 4 flour tortillas (or sandwich wraps)
- 1 onion, sliced (or roasted onion flakes.)
- 1 tomatoes
- iceberg lettuce, sliced (or torn)
- butter (for frying)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2⁄3 cup sweet cucumber relish
- 5 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 400 g shrimp, cooked and hand peeled
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 1⁄4 lbs potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 ounce butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Mix together the mayonnaise dressing or the shrimp dressing.
- Boil the potatoes until tender. Mash, mixing in the other ingredients for the mashed potatoes.
- Fry the hotdogs in the butter.
- To assemble: Put two spoons of the mashed potatoes on tortilla. Add shrimp salad or the mayonnaise dressing, as well as lettuce and onions. Top with a hot dog, ketchup and mustard. Roll it together.
I would give this 3 1/2 stars! This was good but didn't WOW me! A unique combination of ingredients but they did work well together. This recipe was scaled down to one serving. The only changes I made were to toast onion flakes in a pan and use a regular size hotdog (I didn't want to run out and buy a package of hotdogs when I already had some); I will use long skinny hotdogs next time. I made the mayo/relish sauce to accompany the hotdog. I will not use ketchup next time because the relish is sweet enough for me. IMO, the onions are the important ingredient here. I wish I could take the authentic Tunnbrodsrulle because I really do believe it would be a 5 star treat! Made for ZINGO for the Gourmet Goddesses July 2013.