Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
What a healthy dish that bursts with spicy flavour! If you want to be adventurous at breakfast time, this will do the trick. Enjoy!
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce, prepared
- 1 large tomatoes, ripe, cored, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 4 large eggs, broken into a bowl, do not break yolks
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped, for garnish
- Chop together garlic, caraway, and salt finely and then keep aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, over medium-low heat, heat oil and sauté onion, bell peppers, and bay leaf for 5 minutes in it.
- Mix in tomato sauce, chopped tomato, and harissa and again cook the mixture for 5 minutes until cooked well.
- Slip in the eggs carefully. Break the yolks using a wooden spoon and swirl the eggs around in the vegetable mixture for about 2 minutes until set and the egg whites look just slightly runny.
- Garnish with parsley and serve at once.
- Read more at http://www.ifood.tv/recipe/tunisian-western-omelet#jgqUJZm93GsGDHPw.99.