Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe was posted for play in ZWT9 - Tunisian. This recipe was found at website Recipes4us.co.uk. This sounds like an exotic egg dish, ummm you can practically taste the spices.
- 2 sweet green bell peppers, deseeded
- 2 chili peppers, deseeded
- 2 fluid ounces tomato paste
- 24 fluid ounces water
- 4 fluid ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons harissa
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 large eggs
- Place the capsicums and chillies in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan then add the purée of peppers, tomato paste, paprika, harissa, caraway seeds, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add the water and bring to the boil, stirring then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Carefully crack the eggs into the frying pan containing the sauce without breaking the yolks and continue to cook for about 15 minutes or until the eggs have set.
What a great lunch I had. This recipe is delicious, in my book it's very hard to go wrong with eggs, peppers and spice. It was warming, satisfying, and wold make a welcome meal at any time of the day or evening. I'm glad that I had harrisa already on hand as I needed so little for just me (if you don't there are recipes for it here on Food). I enjoyed it with a mug of mint tea. Made for Baby Kato's win in Sweet December Event 2013. :D