Recipe by Latchy
A different way with Zucchini and Squash from the Not-so-humble cookbook
Top Review by dsavir
I found the couscous a bit dry (the squash didn't produce a sauce in the griddle pan) but I added just before serving a cubed tomato and the result was delicious. Also, I didn't have chili sauce so I put the spices and salt (maybe that's why I didn't have a sauce). All in all a great recipe, light for summer. Thanks for posting!
- 3 medium green zucchini (375g)
- 3 medium yellow zucchini (375g)
- 6 medium green pattypan squash (200g)
- 6 medium yellow pattypan squash (200g, Some greengrocers call pattypan squash either acorn squash or scallopini, and they usually com)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup hot chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- 20 g butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve zucchini crosswise, then into slices lengthwise; slice squash thinly.
- Gently toss zucchini, squash, cumin, garlic and chili sauce with oil in a large bowl to coat.
- Cook vegetables, in batches, in heated oiled griddle pan (or grill or barbecue) until browned and tender.
- Meanwhile combine remaining ingredients in heatproof bowl; cover, stand 5 minutes until water is absorbed.
- Fluff couscous with fork before serving with vegetables.