1/2 Photos of Tunisian-Style Roasted Beet Salad With Harissa
From The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen. This spicy salad is served either slightly warm or at room temperature. If you do not care for beets, yams or potatoes can be substituted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs small red beets (or golden beets, scrubbed, trimmed, peeled and cut in half-read NOTE*)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1NOTE*: If using yams or potatoes, scrub well, remove skin and cut in half or thirds depending on size.
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 3In small non-reactive bowl combine the salad dressing ingredients and whisk well. Set aside.
- 4In a large shallow pan, toss the cut up beets lightly with the olive oil to coat. Transfer the beets to a large baking sheet and cover the baking sheet tightly with aluminum foil.
- 5Bake the beets for about 30 minutes or until the beets are very tender when pierced with a fork.
- 6Remove from oven, set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- 7Then cut beets into 1/2" cubes.
- 8Place the prepared beets into a large salad bowl and toss lightly but thoroughly with the salad dressing to combine.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tunisian-Style Roasted Beet Salad With Harissa
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.6
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 229.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 5.1 g