Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from the Barbecue Bible. Posted for ZWT6.
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons hot red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- Combine coriander, cumin and caraway seeds in a dry skillet.
- Cook over medium heat, shaking the pan to ensure even cooking, until toasted and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- Grind all ingredients together in a mortar or spice mill.
- Keeps in an airtight jar away from light and heat for up to 6 months.
This couldn't be easier! We really enjoyed this rub on a chicken that we grilled. I liberally seasoned it on all sides with this rub and it came out beautifully. It was tasty and had a little kick! Made for ZWT 6.