Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe from Ricardo. Posted for ZWT - NA*ME
- 375 g penne or 375 g short pasta
- 2 onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 350 g merguez sausages or 350 g fresh chorizo sausage, cut in diagonal sections of 1 inch
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- In a saucepan with salted boilling water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain and oil a little bit. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the onions in oil. Add salt and pepper.
- Add sausages and cook until they are golden on each sides.
- Add tomato paste and cook 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and stir well. Bring to boil and let simmer slowly until sausages are cooked.
- Add pasta and reheat.
- Add parsley and adjust seasonings.
Stupendous! How quick, and so tasty too! Very easy to put together, but the punch of taste could say that you've cook and slaved in the kitchen all day! I used the Chorizo sausage, and large sliced onion, and for the photo added some rustic cut green pepper which, I cooked right along with the onion and sausage. You should never go out to fast food when you can make this in a matter of moments. Go ahead, stay in and have a great dinner starting with the recipe! Made for PRMR 2012
Well, I made this, and served it, and after a few minutes, Mr. Grumpy turned to me and said - "This is good pasta." This is a very rare occurrence. So how can I rate this anything other than a 5-star? Seriously, this is tasty and is so quick to make that it can be a last minute decision. I used whole wheat rotini, as curly pasta is the only kind Mr. G. will eat.
I made this pasta for lunch today. It is very easy, yet extremely flavorful. I used Trader Joe's soyrizo for the meat, and vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. I ran out of tomato paste after 1 Tb so I subbed ketchup for the other tablespoon. These changes worked out great. I would have this again and look forward to leftovers tomorrow. Made for ZWT9.