Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from Ricardo. Posted for ZWT - NA*ME
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Stupendous! How quick, and so tasty too! Very easy to put together, but the punch of taste could say that you've cook and slaved in the kitchen all day! I used the Chorizo sausage, and large sliced onion, and for the photo added some rustic cut green pepper which, I cooked right along with the onion and sausage. You should never go out to fast food when you can make this in a matter of moments. Go ahead, stay in and have a great dinner starting with the recipe! Made for PRMR 2012
- 375 g penne or 375 g short pasta
- 2 onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 350 g merguez sausages or 350 g fresh chorizo sausage, cut in diagonal sections of 1 inch
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan with salted boilling water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain and oil a little bit. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the onions in oil. Add salt and pepper.
- Add sausages and cook until they are golden on each sides.
- Add tomato paste and cook 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and stir well. Bring to boil and let simmer slowly until sausages are cooked.
- Add pasta and reheat.
- Add parsley and adjust seasonings.