Recipe by Annacia
Every country has it's meat pie! I like this one, no crust.
Top Review by katew
We loved this - very easy to do - I added fresh thyme as I had no parsley and it was a terrific success-made for ZWT3 and will be made again - also a good way to use up left over mashed potato - in fact any veg mash could be substituted eg swede, pumpkin,sweet potato so thanks to Annacia
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground lamb (beef chuck will do)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a skillet, brown onion and meat in oil; remove from heat.
- Mix in potatoes, chopped eggs, parsley, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir in beaten eggs; blend well.
- Place mixture into a lightly greased 9-inch round pan or an ovenproof casserole.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve in wedges.