1/2 Photos of Tunisian Eggs & Peppers
My love of eggs - for breakfast, lunch or dinner - is no secret. So when I came across this one I knew it was a likely winner. Have not tried it yet but posting it with the original ingredients. I will most likely reduce the calorie count in my own rendition.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Before preparing dish, decide whether you want to cook the eggs in the oven or on the stove. Directions for both methods provided.
- 2Heat oil in a heavy skillet. Add onion and cook 5 minutes or until soft. Add peppers and chile, cover and cook 8 minutes or until bell peppers are just tender.
- 3Add tomatoes to bell pepper mixture, cover and cook 5 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are blended but still retain their shape and texture. Season with salt and pepper and stir in mint.
- 4For oven baked eggs: Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Divide mixture among four individual serving oven-proof dishes. Make an indentation in vegetables and carefully add an egg to each one. Cook in oven 12 to 15 minutes or until eggs have set.
- 5For skillet poached eggs: Make four wells or cups in vegetable mixture and carefully break in eggs. Cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes, basting occasionally with juices.
- 6Garnish with mint sprigs and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tunisian Eggs & Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.6
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 78.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 8.3 g