1/1 Photo of Tunisian Couscous Salad With Grilled Sausages
This comes from one of my Food and Wine cookbooks. Use whatever kind of sausages you like: hot, mild or a combination. They say to serve this with an Australian Shiraz. I’m posting it for ZWT3. Now I just have to go look up where Tunisia is! LOL. (It is in North Africa between Algeria and Libya)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large frying pan with a lid, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over moderately low heat. Add the garlic, couscous, cumin, cayenne, and ½ teaspoon of the salt to the pan.
- 2Cook, stirring occasionally, until the couscous starts to brown, about 3 minutes.
- 3Stir in tomato juice and water. Bring to a simmer.
- 4Cover, remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 5Transfer the couscous to a platter or large glass bowl to cool.
- 6Meanwhile, heat the broiler. Coat the sausages with ½ tablespoon of the oil.
- 7Broil the sausages, turning occasionally, until completely cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- 8Remove from the heat. When the sausages are cool enough to handle, cut them into thin slices.
- 9Toss the cooled couscous with the lemon juice and the remaining oil, salt and tomato. Top with the sausages and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tunisian Couscous Salad With Grilled Sausages
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 778.2
- Calories from Fat 436
- Total Fat 48.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 1980.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 30.0 g