1/1 Photo of Tunisian Chicken Wings With Oranges
susie cooks's Note:
This recipe uses a classic Tunisian spice mix called Harissa. I see that there are quite a few recipes her for Harissa. I know that they sell it at Whole Foods. It is very hot. To balance the heat, add some blood orange quarters. Cherry tomatoes would also work. This recipe comes from a cookbook called The African and Middle Eastern Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat grill or broiler to its hottest setting.
- 2Mix harissa and olive oil in a small bowl to make a paste. Add a little salt and stir.
- 3Brush wings with harissa mixture so they are well coated.
- 4Grill (or broil) the wings for 5 -8 minutes on each side, until cooked and a dark golden brown.
- 5While wings are cooking, dip the oranges in the icing sugar and grill them for a few minutes until they are slightly burnt but not black or charred.
- 6Serve the wings and oranges immediately. Top with cilantro if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tunisian Chicken Wings With Oranges
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 556.3
- Calories from Fat 343
- Total Fat 38.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 150.9 mg
- Sodium 143.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 37.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: