Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Posted for Zaar World Tour III North Africa.I found this somewhere on the Web.
- 4 whole chicken breasts, split
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon, juice of, small
- 1 small lemon, thinly sliced
- pimiento, stuffed green olives, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Wash and pat chicken dry. Combine flour, salt and pepper on wax paper. Turn chicken into flour mixture, coat evenly. Shake off excess.
- Sauté chicken, a few pieces at a time, in oil in a large skillet. Remove the pieces to a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish as they brown, arranging them in a single layer.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add onion, garlic, cumin, paprika and cayenne to skillet. Sauté until onion is slightly softened.
- Stir in chicken broth and lemon juice, scraping up any browned bits. Bring to a boil and pour over chicken.
- Arrange lemon slices on top. Cover. Bake in preheated oven 40 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with olives.
- Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
The spices were really delicious in this recipe. And the pimiento stuffed olives were the perfect topper because they contributed such a lovely quality to the entire dish. But my chicken didn't stay very moist, and I think next time I'd like to use thinner chicken breasts and perhaps marinate the chicken for a few hours so the seasonings develop a little more deeply. But an all-around delicious dish. Thanks, cookiedog. Made for Zaar World Tour #6 (for the Seasoned Sailor and his Sassy Sirens team).
We really enjoyeThe flavors come together beautifully, and it looks wonderful on the plate. I used chicken thighs, as that's what I had on hand. I had two small issues with this recipe- first, you didn't give an amount for the olives, so I just guessed based on the pictures that were posted. Second, you mention cumin in the directions, but it isn't listed in the ingredients- I used 1/2 teaspoon for a half recipe. Thanks for a very nice dinner. Made for ZWT6.
Easy, peasy but tastes and looks like you spent all day on it! We all really liked it. I kept the olives on my portion as the others don't care for them. AND they were awesome in this dish. There was only one point of confusion, on the ingredient list there is no cumin but in the directions it lists adding cumin. I can see myself making this again. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for ZWT - X-tra Hot Dishes.