Cook1 hr 15 mins
Posted for Zaar World Tour III North Africa.I found this somewhere on the Web.
Make and share this Tunisian Baked Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 4 whole chicken breasts, split
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon, juice of, small
- 1 small lemon, thinly sliced
- pimiento, stuffed green olives, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Wash and pat chicken dry. Combine flour, salt and pepper on wax paper. Turn chicken into flour mixture, coat evenly. Shake off excess.
- Sauté chicken, a few pieces at a time, in oil in a large skillet. Remove the pieces to a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish as they brown, arranging them in a single layer.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add onion, garlic, cumin, paprika and cayenne to skillet. Sauté until onion is slightly softened.
- Stir in chicken broth and lemon juice, scraping up any browned bits. Bring to a boil and pour over chicken.
- Arrange lemon slices on top. Cover. Bake in preheated oven 40 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with olives.
- Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.