Recipe by cookiedog
Posted for Zaar World Tour III North Africa.I found this somewhere on the Web.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
The spices were really delicious in this recipe. And the pimiento stuffed olives were the perfect topper because they contributed such a lovely quality to the entire dish. But my chicken didn't stay very moist, and I think next time I'd like to use thinner chicken breasts and perhaps marinate the chicken for a few hours so the seasonings develop a little more deeply. But an all-around delicious dish. Thanks, cookiedog. Made for Zaar World Tour #6 (for the Seasoned Sailor and his Sassy Sirens team).
- 4 whole chicken breasts, split
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon, juice of, small
- 1 small lemon, thinly sliced
- pimiento, stuffed green olives, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and pat chicken dry. Combine flour, salt and pepper on wax paper. Turn chicken into flour mixture, coat evenly. Shake off excess.
- Sauté chicken, a few pieces at a time, in oil in a large skillet. Remove the pieces to a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish as they brown, arranging them in a single layer.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add onion, garlic, cumin, paprika and cayenne to skillet. Sauté until onion is slightly softened.
- Stir in chicken broth and lemon juice, scraping up any browned bits. Bring to a boil and pour over chicken.
- Arrange lemon slices on top. Cover. Bake in preheated oven 40 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with olives.
- Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.