Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From my copy of the book 'Field Guide to Herbs and Spices'. Three ingredients! The food.com site requires measurements for its ingredients. Just remember for this mix use equal parts in any measurement desired. For meat, (grilled) vegetables, marinades/dressings/rubs, etc. Test recipe: First I made: Arabian Pita Bread. In a small bowl I whisked a little bit of olive oil, sprinkle of salt and about 1/2 teaspoon of Tunisian Baharat. This mixture was brushed onto the bread and placed under the broiler for approximately 2 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon (or an equivalent amount of whole cinnamon stick broken up into small pieces)
- 1 tablespoon dried rose petals (culinary grade)
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper (I subbed 1 tablespoon black peppercorns)
- Place all ingredients in a spice mill and grind to a powder.
- Store in an airtight container. Tip: date the container and mark the contents. I forget to do that and I'll end up with a bunch of spice mixes I have no idea what they are or how old.