Recipe by Chef Jean
This is a tradtional way to make almond syrup. Used to make a drink called Rosetta, but can also be used to flavor coffee, tea or other beverages. You will need cheese cloth for this recipe.
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil up the water and sugar in the pot until it becomes a syrup
- Add the ground almonds and boil again, then cook for 5 more minutes.
- and remove from heat.
- Let the mixture sit for 2½ hours.
- Put the mixture in the cheesecloth and squeeze the fluids into a big.
- Filter the mixture with new cheesecloth into another big bowl, and try to.
- squeeze and filter the remaining mixture as much as you can.
- Move the mixture into a jar and refrigerate for 3 hours before using.