2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Chef Jean's Note:
This is a tradtional way to make almond syrup. Used to make a drink called Rosetta, but can also be used to flavor coffee, tea or other beverages. You will need cheese cloth for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil up the water and sugar in the pot until it becomes a syrup
- 2Add the ground almonds and boil again, then cook for 5 more minutes.
- 3and remove from heat.
- 4Let the mixture sit for 2½ hours.
- 5Put the mixture in the cheesecloth and squeeze the fluids into a big.
- 7Filter the mixture with new cheesecloth into another big bowl, and try to.
- 8squeeze and filter the remaining mixture as much as you can.
- 9Move the mixture into a jar and refrigerate for 3 hours before using.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tunisian Almond Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.5
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 146.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 61.9 g
- Protein 8.7 g