Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Healthy, tasty, and easy. I'm not even a big tuna fan but when a friend made this for me I had to get the recipe. The white albacore tuna makes all the difference so it doesn't taste "fishy" at all.
- Combine soup, sour cream, and chiles.
- In saucepan, saute onion, and cumin in butter until onion is tender.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of soup mixture into onion. Add tuna and mix.
- Spread 1/3 cup of mixture into tortilla, roll up. Place tortillas in greased 13x9 inch pan.
- Spread remaining soup over tortillas. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Uncover. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes or until cheese melts.
Updating original review to say- we really do love this dish. We had it yesterday, but this time, on a whim, I decided to add a can of Rotel with green chili to the topping mixture. Made for a really pretty presentation! Also, this is a great make-ahead type meal. I fill tortillas and place in dish, and keep the topping sauce in the fridge. I stick it into the oven when we get home- no fuss. *What a different way to eat tuna! We enjoyed this and will probably make it again. I used cumin AND chili powder and modified all of the ingredients to low-fat and low carb. I used one tbsp butter, nonfat yogurt instead of sour cream, and healthy request soup. All in all, an easy and hearty meal. Thanks!
I was bowled over by this one! I handed my wife a dozen or so recipes printed from 'Zaar that I thought SHE would like and she picked this one out and made it for supper. It was just great! I'm astounded as to how nicely the tuna meshes with the cumin. We will definitely be having these again -- they're on the "permanant supper rotation" now. This is great home cooking and top comfort food. I want to add about 1/3 more cream cheese next time but, other than that, I'm sticking with this recipe as is. Thank you so much, Empire, for posting this fine, economical, delicious recipe. pat, the old bone man. *.*
Surprising good! I was a little hesitant about using the tuna, but my DH gobbled them up and I'll be making these again. Thanks Empire920!