Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is based on Tuna-Zucchini Pasta Shells, but I made so many changes I wanted to see the "new" nutrition value. This is an easy to put together meal that is inexpensive and quick to make and yummy, too!
- 8 ounces pasta (your favorite will do. I used elbow macaroni)
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- non-fat cooking spray
- 1 (5 ounce) can tuna, in water
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or minced
- 1 small chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, diced, no salt added
- 3⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cheese, shredded (mozzerella, chedder, pepper jack, monterey jack, use a variety of your favorites!)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, extra spicy
- Cook pasta al dente.
- Pre-heat over to 325.
- Spray 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Saute zucchini.
- Drain tuna and mix into zucchini.
- Mix pasta into tuna-zucchini mixture and put it all into the casserole dish.
- Saute garlic and chili pepper.
- Add tomatoes and a small amount of the juice.
- Stir and let simmer 1 minute.
- Stir in sour cream, pepper, seasonings, cook 2-3 minutes until hot.
- Mix sauce into casserole.
- Sprinkle cheese over casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.