Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
A different way to enjoy tuna casserole. I am not a huge zucchini fan but my hubby insists on planting them every year. This is one way we enjoy them.
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 3⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup, undiluted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sauté carrots, zucchini and onion in butter until tender.
- Mix cooked vegetables, tuna, soup, pepper, and sour cream.
- Put into a greased 2 quart pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.
This is an unusual and tasty casserole. I added some dry Stove Top to the dish before baking only because we like a topping of some on our casseroles. We added some salt after tasting. DH said that he would like it better without the sour cream and adding that much more soup. Using the food processor to grate all of the veggies at once really sped things up and mine took an hour to bake well. O should mention that I used a spray of Pam and no butter, low fat mushroom soup and fat free sour cream to lighten the fat.