Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a a favorite at our house with all the flavors that we love. I would say don't even try this with frozen tuna (it just isn't the same), only fresh will do!
- Heat 3 TBS oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat; add the onions and saute about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook an additional 2 minutes, then add in the tomatoes, basil and capers, stirring well to combine.
- Simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes; mixture will thicken.
- Remove sauce to a bowl and set aside.
- Wipe out the sauce pan, then heat with remaining 3 TBS of oil over medium heat.
- Salt and pepper fish to taste, then place in the pan when oil is hot.
- Cook fish about 3 minutes per side (fish should be light brown at edges but still pink inside).
- Pour the tomato mixture over the fish and simmer for about 5 minutes, then serve immediately!
yummie recipe.we use quiet often as we love tuna.only diff is we use a can of chopped toms for the sauce .
This was smashing! I didn't change a thing. A great summer dish, with a sunny mediteranean flavor... Thank you for this delicious recipe!
The sauce makes this a special dish! I cooked 2 steaks & used some diced tinned tomatoes that were leftover from another recipe - otherwise, no changes. Thanx Minx!