Recipe by English_Rose
Store cupboard staples are quickly combined to delicious effect in this hearty supper dish with the rich fruity taste of sun-dried tomatoes.
- 2 tuna steaks
- oil, for brushing
For the salad
- 10 -12 sun-dried tomatoes
- 14 ounces chickpeas
- 1⁄2 large red onion
- 4 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the salad, place the sun-dried tomato halves in a heatproof bowl and cover with hot water from the kettle. Leave for 20-30 minutes to rehydrate.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse the canned chickpeas, and leave them to drain thoroughly. Finely slice the red onion and place in a mixing bowl with the parsley, chickpeas, olive oil, lemon juice and a generous grinding of black pepper.
- Drain the sun-dried tomatoes and chop them finely. Add to the salad and stir. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Heat a griddle or heavy frying pan until very hot. Brush lightly with oil and place the tuna in the pan. Lower the heat slightly and cook for a few minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the steak, until the outside is seared brown.
- Pile the salad on two serving plates and serve with the cooked tuna.