Recipe by vverkin925
I adapted this from a recipe found in "Outsmart Diabetes Cookbook". Not a big lover of fish, I really enjoyed the flavor of this one. Note that the cooking time includes 1 hour for marinating. This can also be done in a basket on the grill.
Top Review by Merlot
Absolutely wonderful! I made this recipe exactly as stated except I marinated the tuna about 1 1/2 hours because Hubby is not a big fish eater and I thought it would help if I marinated it a little longer for him. We loved the pineapple with the tuna steaks. I recommend everyone try this dish. It's a keeper. Thanks vverkin925 for sharing this great dish! :-)
- 4 (5 ounce) tuna steaks, approx
- 1 can pineapple ring, drained (reserve 3 tablespoons juice)
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped or pressed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl stir together the Soy Sauce, Garlic, Pineapple Juice and Ginger.
- Place the Tune Steaks in a shallow dish and pour half the marinade over them.
- Flip to coat both sides.
- Place the Peppers and Pineapple in another dish and cover with remaining marinade.
- Toss lightly to coat.
- Cover both dishes and marinate in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Coat broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the Tuna Steaks, Pineapple and Peppers on pan and broil for approximately 4-5 minutes per side.
- You may use the marinade from the Pineapple and Peppers to baste while cooking.
- DO NOT use the marinade from the tuna.