Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I adapted this from a recipe found in "Outsmart Diabetes Cookbook". Not a big lover of fish, I really enjoyed the flavor of this one. Note that the cooking time includes 1 hour for marinating. This can also be done in a basket on the grill.
- 4 (5 ounce) tuna steaks, approx
- 1 can pineapple ring, drained (reserve 3 tablespoons juice)
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped or pressed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into chunks
- In small bowl stir together the Soy Sauce, Garlic, Pineapple Juice and Ginger.
- Place the Tune Steaks in a shallow dish and pour half the marinade over them.
- Flip to coat both sides.
- Place the Peppers and Pineapple in another dish and cover with remaining marinade.
- Toss lightly to coat.
- Cover both dishes and marinate in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Coat broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the Tuna Steaks, Pineapple and Peppers on pan and broil for approximately 4-5 minutes per side.
- You may use the marinade from the Pineapple and Peppers to baste while cooking.
- DO NOT use the marinade from the tuna.
Absolutely wonderful! I made this recipe exactly as stated except I marinated the tuna about 1 1/2 hours because Hubby is not a big fish eater and I thought it would help if I marinated it a little longer for him. We loved the pineapple with the tuna steaks. I recommend everyone try this dish. It's a keeper. Thanks vverkin925 for sharing this great dish! :-)
This was EXCELLENT!! This was the first time my hubby and I have ever had tuna steaks and this recipe was the perfect one to have tried. We didn't follow exactly because we didn't have a red pepper, so we just used green and we used crushed pineapple and we cooked it in olive oil on the stove. Next time we are going to follow it to a "T" and my mouth waters just thinking about it. GREAT RECIPE!!