Recipe by Nasseh
I am always looking for simple, tasty dishes to make for DH's lunch. I whipped this up & he loved it.
Top Review by morgainegeiser
This was a little unusual combination of ingredients. It was easy to put together, my husband liked this recipe, served it on pitas. I thought it was a fine recipe, however I did not find it attractive to look at.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (7 ounce) envelope tuna in water, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 onion
- 1⁄3 cup black olives, pitted
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Saute the tuna & next four ingredients for 5 minutes.
- Mince the onion, parsley, & olives in a food processor then add to the tuna.
- Cook for additional 5 minutes then add the tomato sauce.
- Simmer on low heat for 7 minutes.
- Serve with thick bread.