Recipe by English_Rose
For fast food with flair, try these tuna steaks in a crisp, spicy coating - in the kitchen or on the grill.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed dried chili
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 tablespoon mixed peppercorns
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- olive oil, for brushing
- 2 tuna steaks
- tomatoes, salad
- 1 loaf toasted ciabatta
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound the chili, sea salt, peppercorns, lime zest and coriander seeds using a pestle and mortar.
- Brush the tuna with olive oil on both sides. Sprinkle the rub onto a plate and press the steaks into the mixture.
- Cook the tuna on the grill or in a non-stick frying pan, for 1 - 2 minutes on each side, or according to preference.
- Serve with a tomato salad and buttered ciabatta.