Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
Tang meets heat in this tasty Tuna dish. From Santa Fe Hot and Spicy Cookbook. Serve over rice. This tuna is served rare for best taste. Elegant to serve.
- 177.44 ml apricot jam
- 29.58 ml chipotle chili sauce
- 14.79 ml cilantro, chopped
- 29.58 ml honey
- 1 medium lime, juice of
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 6 (1360.77 g) tuna steaks (quality cut and very fresh)
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2.46 ml oil
- Combine first six ingredients and heat on stove top just until warm.
- Generously Sprinkle tuna steaks with salt and pepper.
- Sear tuna in non stick skillet with a small amount of oil until rare. This takes a very short time.
- Slice tuna steaks and place on rice. Drizzle sauce over tuna. Serve with lime wedges.
This is yummo!!! I loved the apricot chipotle glaze, it was delicious. This is very quick and easy to put together and made for great mid week meal and best of all the end result is wonderful. I served ours with avocado salsa, a couple of prawns and some sliced mango and red pepper. I will be enjoying this one again and soon as it is winner for us. Cheers Vicki for a fab meal and again love that sauce!!
This might be one of my favorite tuna dishes ever. I can't get enough of it...might just make it tonight ;-)