Recipe by Vicki in CT
Tang meets heat in this tasty Tuna dish. From Santa Fe Hot and Spicy Cookbook. Serve over rice. This tuna is served rare for best taste. Elegant to serve.
Top Review by The Flying Chef
This is yummo!!! I loved the apricot chipotle glaze, it was delicious. This is very quick and easy to put together and made for great mid week meal and best of all the end result is wonderful. I served ours with avocado salsa, a couple of prawns and some sliced mango and red pepper. I will be enjoying this one again and soon as it is winner for us. Cheers Vicki for a fab meal and again love that sauce!!
- 3⁄4 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons chipotle chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 medium lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 (8 ounce) tuna steaks (quality cut and very fresh)
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first six ingredients and heat on stove top just until warm.
- Generously Sprinkle tuna steaks with salt and pepper.
- Sear tuna in non stick skillet with a small amount of oil until rare. This takes a very short time.
- Slice tuna steaks and place on rice. Drizzle sauce over tuna. Serve with lime wedges.