Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great dish to whip up for a light lunch as it uses pantry items along with baby greens. So delicious and healthy.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (or to your taste)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 5 cups fresh baby greens
- 1 (15 ounce) can small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2⁄3 cup roasted red pepper, drained (jarred)
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can chunk light tuna (packed in water or oil)
- 2⁄3 cup kalamata olive, pitted and halved
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
- Toss greens in a large bowl with enough dressing to coat. Divide greens among plates. Toss beans, red peppers, and onion in a medium bowl with enough dressing to coat. Top greens with bean mixture, then tuna, dividing equally. Garnish with olives.
This was better than I had even expected; it was fabulous! I made this exactly as posted, using champagne vinegar, 1/2 t. salt and 1/4 t. pepper. The dressing is really delicious, and I would suggest to make a lot in order to have it on hand. I couldn't find small white beans, so I had to use great northern. Again, adding the dressing to the tuna and bean mixture transformed it into a special salad. I could eat this without the green salad! I will definitely be making this again and making the dressing even more often! Thanks for sharing. Made for For Your Consideration Tag Game.