Recipe by Tarynne
Use this filling for sandwiches or to make tuna puffs. Fancy enough for company and special occasions. Easy enough for everyday. Canned chicken also works well in this recipe also.
Top Review by Chef h&h
This salad was fine but quite tasteless. My DH suggested I added more apple and left the skin on. That gave it some more flavor and color. Needed more lemon juice and some salt and pepper. Nice change of pace. Thank you
- 1 Red Delicious apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained (I use albacore)
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle Lemon juice over apples right after chopping.
- Mix together rest of ingredients.
- Use more mayonnaise if you want a creamier filling.
- Use as a filling for sandwiches or puffs.
- Note: For sandwiches I like to use the courser grained breads.
- For puffs use shells as for cream puffs.
- Serve either at room temperature or chilled.