Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use this filling for sandwiches or to make tuna puffs. Fancy enough for company and special occasions. Easy enough for everyday. Canned chicken also works well in this recipe also.
- 1 Red Delicious apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained (I use albacore)
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- Sprinkle Lemon juice over apples right after chopping.
- Mix together rest of ingredients.
- Use more mayonnaise if you want a creamier filling.
- Use as a filling for sandwiches or puffs.
- Note: For sandwiches I like to use the courser grained breads.
- For puffs use shells as for cream puffs.
- Serve either at room temperature or chilled.
This salad was fine but quite tasteless. My DH suggested I added more apple and left the skin on. That gave it some more flavor and color. Needed more lemon juice and some salt and pepper. Nice change of pace. Thank you
After making this a few times, I finally ended up using a 12 oz. package of tuna. Instead of the lemon juice, I sprinkled fruit fresh on the apple after it was chopped. I did add a little more mayonnaise. It was excellent, and not a bit runny. Much better than varieties made with pickle relish or sweet pickle. Thanks again for posting! This is going to be my "go to" recipe for Tuna Salad!
What a great combination! I added some chopped onion to mine. Crunchy and delicious. I loved the sweetness from the apple. Makes a great summer salad. Thanx for sharing. I'll make this again.