Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick weekday meal found in our local newspaper.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 (6 1/2 ounce) jars artichoke hearts, drained & halved
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 slices
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh tuna, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until softened, about three minutes.
- Add the artichokes, lemon, garlic, and thyme (if using). Cook until heated through, three more minutes.
- Transfer to a plate, season the tuna with the salt and pepper. Heat the remaining oil in the skillet.
- Cook the tuna, turning to brown all sides, the desired doneness, about two minutes for medium.
- Return the artichoke mixture to skillet and toss to combine. Serve over the rice.