1/1 Photo of Tuna W/Black Pepper, Artichokes and Lemon
Chris Reynolds's Note:
A quick weekday meal found in our local newspaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 (6 1/2 ounce) jars artichoke hearts, drained & halved
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 slices
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme (optional)
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh tuna, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1Heat 1 tsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add the onion and cook until softened, about three minutes.
- 3Add the artichokes, lemon, garlic, and thyme (if using). Cook until heated through, three more minutes.
- 4Transfer to a plate, season the tuna with the salt and pepper. Heat the remaining oil in the skillet.
- 5Cook the tuna, turning to brown all sides, the desired doneness, about two minutes for medium.
- 6Return the artichoke mixture to skillet and toss to combine. Serve over the rice.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna W/Black Pepper, Artichokes and Lemon
Serving Size: 1 (440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 509.5
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 1179.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 47.3 g