Prep 45 mins
Cook 8 mins
Fresh tuna cooked on the grill with an awesome zesty marinade.
Make and share this Tuna Vera Cruz recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons tequila or 3 tablespoons rum or 3 tablespoons vodka
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh tuna steaks (can use halibut or swordfish)
- lemon wedge
- lime wedge
- Add the tequila, lime juice, lime peel, ginger, garlic, salt, sugar, cumin, cinnamon, and pepper to a small bowl; stir to combine.
- Pour marinade into a 2-quart glass casserole dish.
- Add the tuna; turn steaks to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Remove steaks from marinade and throw out the marinade.
- Grill tuna over med-hot heat approximately 4 mins per side or until fish flakes easily.
- Serve with lemon and lime wedges.
Great marinade. Loved the cinnamon hint in here- very unique but very subtle. Used tequila which went great with the lime! Next time I will use MORE pepper and marinate for 1 hour to make it a little stronger- Thanks for the great recipe!