1/2 Photos of Tuna, Veggie & Quinoa Salad
A simple salad, but full of healthy ingredients. I love this perpared pilaf style (i.e. no dressing), but my hubby prefers it with the dressing. You can switch up the ingredients, too (I do quite often depending on what I have on hand!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 12 ounces tuna in water, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked corn kernel (frozen will work, just defrost first)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herb (like parsley, cilantro, mint)
- 1Combine quinoa & water in a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid. Bring to a boil over medium high flame, then reduce flame to low and cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, till water is absorbed and quinoa is tender, 12-15 minutes.
- 2Combine tuna, beans, corn, bell pepper, and herbs in a large bowl.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, zest, orange juice, and salt and pepper till smooth.
- 4When quinoa is done cooking, let cool a few minutes, then combine with veggies in bowl. Drizzle with dressing (if using), stir to mix. Serve warm or chilled.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna, Veggie & Quinoa Salad
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.7
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 24.9 mg
- Sodium 231.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 24.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of