Recipe by Concoctionista
A quick & healthy pasta salad recipe with everything you need: veggies, whole grains and lean protein.
Top Review by amy.cleaveland
Great flavor! I'll admit, I was quite skeptical of a tuna dish with cooked veggies (though that's why I decided to try this recipe), but the Italian dressing and parmesan somehow pulled it together beautifully. We were out of yogurt, so I substituted with extra miracle whip; I've tried the yogurt in other salads and do like it. Thanks for posting!
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 4 ounces nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup Italian dressing
- 4 cups pasta, cooked, rinsed in cool water & drained (any pasta, I used wacky mac veggie spirals)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen vegetables, cooked and cooled (I used california mix)
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1 dash celery salt
- 1 dash dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in water with a dash of salt.
- Combine all other ingredients in a large bowl with a lid.
- When pasta is cooked through, drain and rinse in cold water.
- Add pasta to other ingredients & mix thoroughly.
- Let sit in fridge for several hours before serving.
- May be served over a garden salad, baked potato, with crackers. This recipe is versatile & can be tweaked to your taste. Could be made gluten free if use gluten free pasta.