Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is so tastey and good for you too! If you use the low-fat or non-fat versions of the ingredients, you can have lunch for only 109 calories and no net carbs! I got this recipe from The Better Homes and Gardens New Dieter's Cookbook. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 1 cup celery or 1 cup seeded cucumber, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can canned tuna, drained
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- In a medium mixing bowl combine celery or cucumber, carrot, and green onion.
- Add mayo, dill, lemon peel, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Gently fold in tuna; cover and refrigerate for at least one hour or up to 4 hours.
- To serve, place the sliced tomatoes on each of four salad plates. Spoon tuna mixture onto tomato slices.