1/2 Photos of Tuna Vegetable Puff
Montana Heart Song's Note:
I have been using sauces, marinates, slurries for years to add special flavors to mundane inexpensive foods. When you must feed 10 to 14 people at one seating, you become very inventive. If I was feeding 10-14,I would make two puffs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 3 eggs, Beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- Pam cooking spray
- 1 (12 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 3 large carrots, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons sugar (or Splenda)
- 1 avocado, peeled, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- sour cream (optional)
- 1In medium mixing bowl, add flour, eggs, milk salt, and oil. Mix well with spoon. Set aside.
- 2Spray Pam in 2 qt casserole, round or square. I like to use round. Peheat oven 375* Set aside.
- 3In mixing bowl add tuna, shredded carrot, mushooms, kidney beans.
- 4In small bowl add white vinegar, water, sugar. Mix until sugar is dissolved.
- 5Drizzle over the tuna mixture and mix gently.
- 6In casserole dish, spread one half of flour mixture in dish, make sure that some of it is on the sides.
- 7Pile tuna mixture in the dish, try to keep it from touching the sides.
- 8Arange the avocado slices in a circle for round dish in a line for a square dish.
- 9Drizzle or drop balance of flour mixture on top, spread it gently.
- 10Bake 25 to 30 minutes. Top crust should be golden brown.
- 11Set 10 minutes before serving. Slice a few vent holes around the top.
- 12Serve with sour cream in desired.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Vegetable Puff
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.3
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 135.8 mg
- Sodium 1128.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 27.6 g