Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A really great salad! Make sure to leave in the fridge for a minimum of 4 or more hours before serving. All ingredients can be adjusted to suit taste. I just use 2 small cans of tuna, or one realy large can, it really almost equals 2 cups, you can add in more if desired.
- 1 (8 ounce) packagemacaroni-style pasta, cooked to firm-tender and drained well
- 2 cups solid white tuna, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, cooked drained and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup sweet gherkin, chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, coarsley chopped
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup sweet relish (or to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise (can use more if desired, Hellman's is best)
- salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayo, mustard, sweet relish, salt and pepper; mix well to combine, adjust all ingredients to suit taste.
- In a large bowl,toss together the cooked and cooled pasta, well drained tuna, cooled vegetables, celery, sweet gherkins, chopped eggs and onion; mix well to combine.
- Mix in the mayonnaise mixture; toss well to combine.
- Season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 or more hours.