Recipe by 'how're you?' h.
A great way to sneak in some veggies! These fritters make a great appetizer, snack, or even an entrée when served with salad and a crusty roll. From: www.howreyou.com.
- 2 cans light low-sodium tuna in water, flaked and drained
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup sweet potato, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup shredded zucchini, shredded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, shredded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup pasteurized liquid egg-whites, well-shaken
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tuna with mayonnaise, garlic, salt and pepper. Add carrot, sweet potato, zucchini, green onion, corn and flour; stir to combine. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites until stiff; gently fold into the tuna mixture.
- Heat half the oil in a large, non-stick skillet set over MEDIUM HEAT. In batches, drop 1/3 cup portions of the batter into the skillet; flatten slightly with the spatula. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until golden and set. Repeat with remaining batter, adding more oil as needed. Hold batches in a warm oven until all the fritters are cooked.