Recipe by PugGrannie
A nice change from the usual tuna casserole. I use Pepperidge Farm thin white sandwich bread.
- 8 slices thin sliced white bread
- butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (corn, peas, carrots,beans)
- 1 (6 3/4 ounce) can tuna (drained & flaked)
- 1 (4 ounce) packageshredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare toast cups: Spread one side of each bread slice lightly with butter. Gently push a bread slice, buttered-side down, into each of eight 6 oz. custard cups or 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned. Remove toast cups from custard cups or muffin-pan cups.
- Meanwhile, in a 3 quart saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 T. butter; stir in flour, mustard, and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in milk and Worcestershire; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened. Add frozen vegetables, tuna, and cheese; cook until vegetables and tuna are heated through and cheese is melted, stirring frequently.
- To serve, arrange 2 toast cups on each of four plates: spoon some tuna-vegetable mixture into cups. Garnish each plate with some cherry tomatoes and watercress.