Recipe by Trisha W
This is a recipe I have had for 30+ years. Originally came from a recipe book I had about America's Favorite Casseroles.
Top Review by alleycatb
I loved this, I added salt and vinegar chips to the topping cheese to make a crust. I would have given this a 5 but hubby rated 3 so I went for the middle on this one. This really has a nice 70's comfort food feel to it
- 1⁄3 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 (1 lb) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 2 (7 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 4 ounces American cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first three items, boil, stir occasionally.
- Stir in macaroni and remove from heat.
- Add tuna and 2/3 of the cheese.
- Pour into a two quart casserole and cover.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Stir once then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes more.