Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A neighbor brought this over for dinner one night. It's a great twist on tuna casserole.
- 3 cups corkscrew macaroni, uncooked
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, can use lowfat version
- 1 cup milk, any type
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups potato chips, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook pasta in broth according to pasta package directions, less 2 minutes. Do not over cook. Drain. HINT: Drain cooked noodles over frozen peas to defrost.
- While pasta is cooking:
- 1) Melt butter over medium heat. Sauté celery & onions in butter until tender.
- 2) In a bowl, combine soup, milk, tuna; stir to combine;
- 3) Stir in cheese, add to noodles. Stir in peas.
- Put in an 8x8 casserole.
- Bake in a 350° oven until bubbly. Approximately 45 minutes. Cook longer if the sauce is not medium thick in consistency or desired consistency.
- Top with crushed potato chips, bake for 5 more minutes.