After discovering this recipe I never make macaroni salad any other way. I sometimes used canned white chicken. After reading the comments on the dill I want to mention that the original recipe called called for 3 tablespoons of dried dill! Can you imagine.....I would change the name to dill salad!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pasta according to directions.
- 2Put frozen peas in colander and drain pasta over peas.
- 3In large bowl mix mayonnaise and vinegar.
- 4Add pasta and peas and mix well.
- 5Add remaining ingredients mixing well.
- 6Taste to adjust seasonings.
- 7Place in fridge for flavors to blend (or eat as is if you can't wait).
- 8You might want to add additional mayonnaise after salad has been refrigerated, because some of the mayonnaise will "soak" into pasta.
- 9*This is the amount of vinegar the original recipe calls for -- I have been cutting down to one tablespoon.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Twist (Tuna Macaroni Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.8
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 20.4 mg
- Sodium 385.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 15.9 g