Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Try out some of these tuna treats. Your kitty may just be in need of a delicious snack. (This was from National Geographic Kids, under "How to Pamper your Pet." It also had peanut butter dog treats; view that one I posted if you want.)
- 3 tablespoons egg whites, scrambled
- 6 ounces can tuna in water
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Chop up the egg whites and mix with all the other ingredients, including the water from the tuna.
- Press into a ball, then flatten the dough onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Cut the dough into bite-size pieces for cats. Bake for 20 minutes; cool slightly.
- Your cat will like these best served warm.
I like this recipe, but found that it made way more than 9 treats. i usually get about 20-21 treats per batch.